Joining a sorority in college is a life-changing experience, but garnering an education is the top priority for Kappa. This is why each chapter is expected to maintain academic standards equal to or higher than their university’s or college’s all-sorority GPA. We don’t ask individual members to maintain a certain GPA due to the variances in course loads, but each member is expected to contribute to the overall GPA of the chapter.
If a Kappa struggles academically, we help her through it. The Academic Excellence Committee meets with her to craft an improvement plan using study tactics and time management. We want each sister to leave college with what they came for: a degree.
We are proud to say that Kappa Kappa Gamma has received the highest Panhellenic GPA award for the 2015-2016 academic year.
As a chapter we are committed to making our efforts for strong academics one of a kind! Here are some of the fun events and activities we do to support high levels of academic achievement.
- Study Tables
- Cork Board in Study Library displaying chapter member academic achievements
- Academic Excellence Awards Dinner
- Facebook group to share study tips
- High chapter GPA goals
- Study snacks during finals week
- Morale boosting activities during finals week
- Study exchanges with fraternity chapters
- "Geek of the Week" recognition on our social media pages